- Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to how any personal information you provide to us whenever you are using our services are used our used.
In order to provide you with the full range of BTiTV services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information BTiTV may collect about you;
- how BTiTV will use information we collect about you;
- when the BTiTV may use your details to contact you;
- whether BTiTV will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Child’s Protection
BTiTV Solution is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act.
The information we collect and how we use it
When you participate in, access or sign up to any our services, activities or online content, such as newsletter, live chats, message boards, telephone or text BTiTV, vote, donate money to a BTiTV charity appeal, or create an account using BTiTV online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable BTiTV or any of its contractors to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
BTiTV Solution will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for administration purposes, which means that BTiTV may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries.
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by BTiTV Solution;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. BTiTV may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where BTiTV proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
Third Party Collection
BTiTV Solution contains links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., whose information collection practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We also use the services of reputable third parties to provide us with data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as to assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit or set their own cookies. We, our third party service providers, advertisers and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this privacy statement.
BTiTV Solution endeavours to ensure the commercially reasonable protection of user’s personal data. We have implemented security measures to protect personal data collected on our Site against loss, misuse or alteration. However, the Internet is an open system and technology and human operators are not infallible. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that the individual user information you have transmitted, including personal data, will not be intercepted by others and/or decrypted or accidentally disclosed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet, and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Children’s Privacy and Our Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we are a general audience site and do not intend to collect any personal data from children under 13 years of age, unless we believe such collection to be permitted by law. Our Site targets an audience that is over the age of 18 and some content may not be appropriate for all ages. Parental supervision is recommended. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal data to us, please contact us at BTiTV.com. Upon request, the parent or guardian of a child under 13 may review and request the deletion of such child’s personal data, as well as refuse to permit the further collection or use of such personal data.